High School Scholarships
Chippewa Valley Electric Cooperative awards scholarships to local graduates.
Each year Chippewa Valley awards scholarships to graduating seniors. The $500.00 scholarship awards are based on a student's school activities; leadership positions; community involvement; awards and recognition; academic record; and the 200-word essay about his/her future goals, objectives, values, and personal philosophy.
Eligibility to apply:
- Student is a high school graduate during the current school year and is enrolled in a post-secondary program at a college/university or vocational school.
- The parents (or legal guardians) are members of the Chippewa Valley Electric Cooperative and are currently receiving service.
- Student displays an average or above average academic record.
Scholarship applications are sent to the local school districts during the month of January and students have until April 1st to submit the application to the Cooperative office.
Students may pick up an application from his/her guidance counselor or download the forms below.
The scholarship recipient will have a check issued to the college or technical school when proof of completion of the first semester and enrollment in the second semester of the post-secondary education is furnished to Chippewa Valley Electric Cooperative.
Family income is not a deciding factor in scholarship awards. Scholarship recipients are chosen by volunteers, with no input from Chippewa Valley Electric Cooperative employees or directors.
2018 Scholarship Recipients Selected
18 students received a scholarship in the amount of $500.00 this year. Their schools and names are listed below:
- Bloomer High School: Riley Henneman, Kendall Zeman
- Cadott High School: Bennett Bowe
- Chetek-Weyerhaeuser High School: Andrew Loy
- Chippewa Falls Senior High School: Miranda Fellom
- Cornell High School: Haley Palmer, Jessica Sikora
- Durand High School: Kennedy Robelia
- Eau Claire Memorial High School: Carl Fossum
- Greenwood High School: Tiara Wuethrich
- Lake Holcombe High School: Taylor Hartzell, Rachel Omtvedt, Brady Webster
- McDonell Central Catholic High School: Megan Baier, Elizabeth Rietschel
- Stanley-Boyd: Megan Goodman, Luke Spaeth, Elizabeth Swartz